Here is what you need to know to help move this proposal from an idea to a law:
Proposal's Status: This policy proposal still needs a champion in the legislature and in the community.
The proposal needs a member of the House of Representatives or the Senate to introduce the bill, speak up for it in caucus, request hearings, and help shepherd it through to becoming a law.
To help get a legislative champion the proposal also needs someone in the community to bring it to a legislator. This could be you!
Here are a few things you can do to help champion this proposal:
- Share your story with us! Let us know how this proposal would impact you, your family, friends, or neighbors. Share with us why you support this proposal. Your story can then be shared by MCC to help grow support for the proposal.
- Share the information about this proposal with your friends on Facebook and Twitter and encourage them to contact their legislators in support of the proposal.
- Share the information about this proposal at your parish.
- Gather a group of your friends, family, fellow parishioners, and/or neighbors and go talk to your legislators about the proposal.
2. Contact your legislators:
- Find out who represents you and request a meeting or phone call with them to urge their support of the proposal.
- Check out our action center to see if there is a ready-made message that you can personalize and send to your legislators in support of the proposal.
3. Share this one-page handout with your legislator, and with friends, family, fellow parishioners, and neighbors to gather support.
Do you like this page?